Saturday, July 4, 2009

this isn't patriotic--not intentionally, it just isn't

but in a round about way I suppose you could make it patriotic

so for the past few years Sufjan Stevens has been my favorite musical artist; there has been no close second.

Music is art and I like growing in ways to appreciate art. So, I am going to be "immersing" myself in his art this month.

So, for the whole month of July I have decided to only listen to Sufjan Stevens' music in hopes to gain an even deeper appreciation for his art. To make sure I am dedicated I actually took everything but him off my iPod.

It's not that I think it's a big deal--because it's a pretty small one--but I was wondering if anyone else has ever done anything similar. Not just with music but with any art. Not even art but with anything. Has anyone else ever had a "month of [insert whatever]."

I would be interested to hear about it.

peace.

No comments: