Monday, August 3, 2009

What did I do this afternoon? A quick culinary experiment--not to be confused with a coronary experiment, which would be dangerous.

I really enjoy experimenting with food. I decided to experiment with a pizza this afternoon, because I like vegetables served in pie-like formats.

BBQ sauce over hand mixed crust, a chopped bell pepper, then a whole grapefruit (I squeezed the juices over the pizza because it sounded fun).



CARROTS! Because they're in my top three favorite naturally occurring category (opposed to my top three "prepared foods" category).




Various cheeses--and by various I mean extra sharp cheddar and mozzarella, nothing exciting by any means.





Un poco oregano, and even mas poco garlic salt, but a moderate to generous throw of cinnamon (because it's one of the best chemically induced sensations known to man).



now my macbook smells like cinnamon.

I wait. It cooks.



2 comments:

jess said...

Well... how'd it turn out?

DP said...

The grapefruit juice was a bad idea--it caramalized into a thick black sugary shell; however, the pizza was fantastic contrary to what others were expecting. I was pleased.