Sunday, May 31, 2009

Because it's sMARTA

No the title doesn't really mean I'm insinuating taking public transit intrinsically indicates or imparts heightened intellectual capabilities--but I think public transit is a good idea.

A Pastor at the church I've been visiting lately (Trinity Vineyard) feels Summer was created to slow down the pace of humanity (I'm paraphrasing); this of course means the direct pace of people's "daily" lives but one could assume said pace would be the same for "humanity" as a whole--also this aforementioned slowly pace is not sluggish nor does it operate out of fear but rather is the fruition of wisdom and prudence and also values the idea of rest (and humanity's need for rest is a matter I love exploring but since I am already long winded as it is with this post I'll save it).

So with this in mind I've taken it upon myself to take public transit as often as I can; this offers me the chance to walk outside for extended periods which affords me moments of prayer, scripture meditation, and time to meditate on the Holy Spirit and how He can manifest Christ more in myself.  

Once I am on the bus I have time to read and meet new people.  Just Saturday I met a man named Gavin.  Smart man.  He studied Mechanical engineering for three years, started to do some financial management for various clients, and travels the country playing jazz; we discussed philosophy, the scriptures, evangelism, ministry, so many great things.  This alone is worth taking the bus.  Yes it can almost double my trip time in some circumstances but it is worth it.  Why?  Because it slows life down to a pace where I can find more time (in addition to the time I specifically set aside) to enjoy God through meditation, prayer, and people.  Totally worth it.

No comments: